The NCAA’s outreach and education efforts related to initial-eligibility continue to remain in full swing. These efforts focus on both Division I standards for college-bound student-athletes enrolling on or after August 1, 2016 and Division II college-bound student-athletes enrolling on or after August 1, 2018. The following materials, which have been made available to high school and non-scholastic athletic communities, also may be valuable to your colleagues, as they look to assist students and parents with the initial eligibility, recruiting and college selection processes. Please refer to www.eligibilitycenter.org, or our new outreach site, www.2point3.org for even more information.
- Guide for the College-Bound Student-Athlete– The Guide is a highly comprehensive tool, that has been designed to help you understand the NCAA initial-eligibility process and to prepare student-athletes for transitioning from high school to becoming an NCAA Division I or II student-athlete. http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/CBSA15.pdf
- Initial-Eligibility Brochure– A quick guide to the standards and steps that it takes to become an NCAA Division I or II student-athlete. http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/EB15.pdf
- Eligibility Center Quick Reference Guide– A complete breakdown of the NCAA Divisions I and II initial-eligibility standards. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Quick_Reference_Sheet.pdf
- Division I New Academic Requirements Document– This document discusses the new academic standards for student-athletes enrolling at a Division I college or university on or after August 1, 2016. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Important_New_Rules/2016_DI_New_Academic_Requirements.pdf
- Division II New Academic Requirements Document– This document discusses the new academic standards for student-athletes enrolling at a Division II college or university on or after August 1, 2018. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Important_New_Rules/2018_DII_New_Academic_Requirements.pdf
- 2012-13 Your Path to the Student-Athlete Experience Presentation (for Students)- A PowerPoint presentation for students and parents to provide insight into the registration and certification process. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Your_Path_Presentation_for_Student-Athletes.pdf
- New Academic Standards PowerPoint- http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Important_New_Rules/High_School_IE_Standards.pdf
Also, in an effort to continue to spread the word about this important new information, we are pleased to announce that the NCAA’s Initial-Eligibility course available through NFHSLearn.com has been updated with the new academic requirements and is being made available free of charge! Please visit NFHSLearn.com and take 30-45 minutes to complete the Initial Eligibility course. This course will familiarize you and your colleagues with the new academic requirements, as well as the required NCAA Eligibility Center registration and certification process for college-bound student-athletes.
Additional resources are available for parents and college-bound student-athletes. Those informational materials can be found here.